Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Updating Records

jly3292014
7 - Meteor

Here are the problems I am trying to solve: If a property has records in the Deed Transfer Records Cleaned table, it is assumed that all property transfer history is captured in this table

*Use document_date as the start_date of a deed transfer transaction. The end_date should be the document_date of the next transaction minus 1 day. If this is the last transaction, then the end_date should be Null.

*The owner of a transaction should be the Grantees

*If a property has no records in the Deed Transfer Records Cleaned table, then use the sale_price in the OPA Properties Cleaned table as the start_date. The owner should be the owner_1 in the OPA Properties Cleaned table. Note that the end_date for these transactions is NULL.

Reference to the sample table that I am trying to accomplish attached. 

To start, I was thinking about using the Multi-row Formula function. However, I am not sure what logic algorithm to use to create the end_date column. Please advise on how I should start the process

10 REPLIES 10
ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @jly32920141!

I think it would be best if you keep working on your workflow. If you get stuck on a specific part, we can help you with the concept or point you in the direction of supplementary training materials.

You're are doing great so far! If you read your questions above, each time you were already on track with the right tools to solve the problem. Sometimes it takes a bit of trial and error.

I train new Alteryx users within my organization. I always have them start with the interactive lessons here:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons?lessons=all

I highly recommend these lessons! If you run through all the videos marked CORE, I think it will help you a lot.

Labels