Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Underscores after crosstab - some of my columns are already _ and some have space.

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Hi,

some of my columns are already _ and some have space. I want to keep the columns with space as space and underscores as undersscores.

It looks like the crosstab is making my data go from space to _. 

Ie in my workflow Insured Deposits is going into "Insured_Deposits". 

Normally I would do the solution mentioned here - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Underscores-After-Cross-Tab/td...  . Dynamic Rename on the column you want to put back the space to.

However my columns are not static and change often  +  if I apply a rename or replace to ALL columns with "_" i dont want to take the "_" out of my "Right_Bank" column.

Please help.

12 REPLIES 12
wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@Christina_H  do you know how I can show all my data instead of just the one row? I know its aggregating but i want the reslt to have all the records in it.

Peachyco
11 - Bolide

Regarding the original question about preserving spaces and underscores after the Cross Tab, I'm thinking you can use a Formula before the Cross Tab to replace the spaces with another character, and then use Dynamic Rename after the Cross Tab to reverse the change.

Alteryx - wonka1234 Underscores crosstab c.png

So this dataset...

Alteryx - wonka1234 Underscores crosstab a.png

...is switched to this...

Alteryx - wonka1234 Underscores crosstab b.png

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

@wonka1234 You need a way to identify the individual records.  See attached - in this case I've assumed the "Bank" row to be the first in each set of records.image.png

Labels