Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to pass the nested macro reference while publishing workflow to Alteryx Gallery

mkbhagat
7 - Meteor

Hi All- 

I have workflow A --> Which have Macro B --> Macro B have --> Macro C and Macro D. All these macro are placed at shared location and added that shared location macro path in Option>User setting>Macro>placed the path. 

I am able to run the workflow successfully locally on my machine but when I am trying to publish the workflow to Alteryx Gallery then getting option to Select Macro B shared location path but not for Macro C and Macro D. How can we pass the reference of nested Macro during the workflow deployment to Gallery.  

Workflow deployed with error "Tool #32: Tool #1: Cannot find macro path". When running the workflow on gallery getting same error. 

Any thoughts on this issue resolution. 

3 REPLIES 3
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @mkbhagat 

I have a similar situation here, doing the step 1 and 2 for all macros and step 1, 2 and 3 for the main workflow it works fine.

1)The location of all workflows/macros/dependencies is shared with the server

2)The path of the dependencies is UNC (you need to not only for the main workflow, but even for the macros!)

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1665137917394.png

3)When saving the main workflow to the gallery, be sure that all paths are UNC and the checkbox is not checked!

Felipe_Ribeir0_2-1665138145014.png

mkbhagat
7 - Meteor

thank you for your response but I was not able to find the reference to pass the path of macro.

mkbhagat
7 - Meteor

This issue resolved after implementing the steps motioned in below thread. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Cannot-Publish-Workflow-with-Embedded-...

Labels