Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to open archive for zipping...The file exists (80)

Claire_H_W_UoL
6 - Meteoroid

I have a script where I need to create separate tabs on one output file to review and resolve different data quality issues. I have set up each output with a file path and worksheet name (as I have done with other scripts which are working correctly) but each time I run the report I get an error to confirm that the file exists so not all output is created. Each time I have checked the output there is a different tab showing data.

I have tried using the block until done tool but read on another post (where there was an unable to open archive for zipping but not the "file already exists" error) which suggested that the tool may be overwritten so to remove it, but I still get the error message, so wonder if someone can help work out what I am missing please?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Bren_Spill
12 - Quasar

@Claire_H_W_UoL - do all of your outputs have the same schema? If so, you could union together after the Sort tools and use the Change File/Table Name functionality in the output tool to write to different sheets based on Worksheet Name.

Claire_H_W_UoL
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the reply Bren but unfortunately no, not all of the outputs come from the same schema. I'll try to union the ones that do and see if that stops the error message from appearing.

Claire_H_W_UoL
6 - Meteoroid

Just to confirm that I've been informed of the Control Container tool within the Developer tab and using these has allowed the script to run and create the output files without any further error messages, and has created all of the tabs on one excel output which is what I was aiming for.

Labels