Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Two same columns with random values ​​without matching

bersocha
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have this case where I have two similar columns together but I need to randomize the two columns but avoiding matchings.

Let's say that at the moment we randomize the two columns, the idea is not to have in a same row A:A or F:F.......

bersocha_0-1655997226924.png

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Can you explain a bit more on the use case? maybe this weekly challenge can give you some inspiration: 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-247-Pairing-Partners/td-p/683230

digitalmemo
8 - Asteroid

Not a short solution but this is a lil closer to your desired output. I split your columns and used a randomized tool which assigns random value to each of your input then sort tool it after wards.

DataNath
17 - Castor

Just went down a bit of a rabbit hole with this one but quite fancied the challenge and iterative macro practice. There's probably a way more succinct version but this will create a truly random order with no matches. You'll just need to map your two comparison fields when you plug your data into the macro @bersocha:

DataNath_0-1656002404009.png

Before:

DataNath_1-1656001033270.png

After:

DataNath_2-1656001050299.png

Name order macro.gif

Edit: Currently troubleshooting as it doesn't work consistently!

Edit 2: Fixed!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels