Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Two same columns with random values ​​without matching

bersocha
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have this case where I have two similar columns together but I need to randomize the two columns but avoiding matchings.

Let's say that at the moment we randomize the two columns, the idea is not to have in a same row A:A or F:F.......

bersocha_0-1655997226924.png

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Can you explain a bit more on the use case? maybe this weekly challenge can give you some inspiration: 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-247-Pairing-Partners/td-p/683230

digitalmemo
8 - Asteroid

Not a short solution but this is a lil closer to your desired output. I split your columns and used a randomized tool which assigns random value to each of your input then sort tool it after wards.

DataNath
17 - Castor

Just went down a bit of a rabbit hole with this one but quite fancied the challenge and iterative macro practice. There's probably a way more succinct version but this will create a truly random order with no matches. You'll just need to map your two comparison fields when you plug your data into the macro @bersocha:

DataNath_0-1656002404009.png

Before:

DataNath_1-1656001033270.png

After:

DataNath_2-1656001050299.png

Name order macro.gif

Edit: Currently troubleshooting as it doesn't work consistently!

Edit 2: Fixed!

Labels