Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Trying to get Crosstab to present the data they way I need!

MikeFrancis1959
8 - Asteroid

I have attached a excel file and on sheet1 it shows sales orders and the qty per order. I am comparing yesterdays data to todays to see if any qty's have changed. I have the data segregated by previous & current along with the qty. I want to create a pivot similar to what I  have in Excel with the sales order number in the row, Previous & Current in columns and the qty so I can see if any changes occur. I have tried crosstab a few ways but could not get it to show like Excel. I think this is simple but not sure what is the easiest way to accomplish this, can someone help me out?

Thanks,

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@MikeFrancis1959 One way of doing this

image.png

Peachyco
11 - Bolide

Another approach is to combine the [Current] and the [Previous] columns into one column, and use that as the headers in the Cross Tab tool.

Alteryx - Orders combined 1.png

Alteryx - Orders combined 2.png

MikeFrancis1959
8 - Asteroid

k you both, both solutions will work for me!!!!

Mike

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels