Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Trying to create a set of dynamic numbers to use as a join or filter for other flows.

dberroth
Asteroide

I hope I explain this OK, but in the first flow, I want to take that output of numbers that is generated and use that as criteria to use for all the remaining 20 flows. I thought about using a join or a filter(not sure how unless there is some type of dynamic filter?) on the remaining 20 flows? My question though is every day these numbers will change as well as all the 20 flows, but the first flow is the driver for what I care about. Are there options of creating some type of central table in the middle of the flow that populates the numbers off the first flow to use as criteria for the remaining 20 flows? Just looking for some ideas how to approach this, typically there is some feature I am not aware of even after using Alteryx for a year. Any guidance would be appreciated

Also, is there a way to distinguish which container will run first? Obviously as that will generate the master list, it would need to run first for this to be correct.

dberroth_1-1617819049864.png

1 RESPUESTA 1
MattBSlalom
Bólido

Based on your description, it sounds like 20 Join tools are the way to go.  This will keep all the flows connected to your master list so the Join tools won't execute until that master list is generated.

Generally, any disconnected containers would be running in parallel unless you introduce some tools like the Block Until Done tool.

Etiquetas