Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Trying to Parse the String using RegEX

Aparanjith_DSG
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am trying to parse the below string, but looping into multiple issues, can anyone help me with the expression?

<File MaxRecords="" FileFormat="25">\\dcsg.com\shared\Acct\General Accting\Alteryx\I-2022-00746_Stockledger File Conversion\Output Files\Output - Stockledger File Conversion Check.xlsx|||Store and SL Dept Count</File>

From the above string I need to pull only the Path

\\dcsg.com\shared\Acct\General Accting\Alteryx\I-2022-00746_Stockledger File Conversion\Output Files\Output - Stockledger File Conversion Check.xlsx|||Store and SL Dept Count

Can anyone help me in this?

4 REPLIES 4
AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

REGEX_Replace([Field1], "^.*<File.*?>(.*?)</File>.*$", "$1")

This will work if you only have one file per record just substitute [Field1] for your field.

Aparanjith_DSG
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the reply Andrew, but this expression has divided into 2 different RegExOutputs and both of them are fetching only Null values. Please see the screenshot below.

AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

XD Whoops! Sorry, the expression I sent would go into the Formula Tool. If you want to use the Regex Tool, you need the following formula: ^.*<File.*?>(.*?)</File>.*$

Screenshot.png

Similarly, if you have multiple file paths per record, then you can use tokenize like so:

Screenshot 2.png

Aparanjith_DSG
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks so much Andrew, that worked.

Labels