Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transposing the data

bansalamit
6 - Meteoroid

I made a rest api call to JIRA to get the data and then used Jason parser and few other tools to get the data in the attached spreadsheet (replaced actual data with ###) format. I am trying to move it to desired format (sheet 2). Any help will be appreciated. Already tried cross tab but couldn't do it. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I am making assumptions on the structure of your data based on what you passed but...

I would use a Multi Row Formula tool to make a RecordID adding one every time Name3 = 'Status'

You can then use a Cross tab to make it into the structure you want

Then a select to clean up as needed.

Quick sample attached.

bansalamit
6 - Meteoroid

jdunkerley, Thanks for your response. I am unable to open the sample you attached. Something about the version difference. We are using 10.6.8.17850 version of the designer. Was wondering if you could post a picture of the multi row formula and cross tab details. Thanks for the help.

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

2017-10-24_20-59-00.jpg

I have attached a version which should open in 10.6

bansalamit
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the help. This worked great.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels