Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transpose Data

Rwade
7 - Meteor

Hello Everyone, I am looking to transpose the attached INPUT file into the attached OUTPUT file.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.  

THANK YOU! 

5 REPLIES 5
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Rwade 

From what I could see in the data, it looks like you want Deposit 1 and 2 as your amount columns. With that assumption I prepared the attached that should give you some sense of how to do this.

Luke_C_0-1623283729457.png

Rwade
7 - Meteor

Hello Luke_C

I very much appreciate the solution, I can now follow the logic to add to my Alteryx skill set.  

Rwade
7 - Meteor

Hello Everyone, so I have the solution from Luke C but now I am faced with a new hurdle. 

There will be a new input file for each day of the month so on the input toll I am using the asterisk (*) to input all files for the month.  However, with the solution above, the date 06/07/21 is being joined up with all the data instead of the data it actually belongs. 

Would anyone maybe have any ideas?

Thank You! 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Rwade, does the file name have the date in it? If so in the input tool choose to load the filename as a field and parse the date out, otherwise a batch macro might be in order, or maybe something with a multi-row formula tool. 

Rwade
7 - Meteor

Thanks Again @Luke_C 

Labels