Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Summarize timeseries table

Zudi
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am very new to Alteryx!! I came across a scenario where I need to summarize a table based on Date and time series. My input data is as below and is a very huge file of which I need the output data only for a specified date.

Input 1.JPG

My output  file should be in the format as given below. I need to summarize the data for a specific date and time in 15 minutes  for each area. Can anyone help to solve this?

Output1.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar

How about a formula to Bin Time like:

DateTimeAdd(DateTimeTrim([Actual_DateTime],"hour"),
Floor(DateTimeMinutes([Actual_DateTime])/15)*15,"Minutes")

What this expression does:

- Round the time down to the hour with DateTimeTrim

- Get the Minutes value with DateTimeMinutes

- Bin the Minutes by 15 with a Floor of the number of Minutes divided by 15, and the result of the flooring multiplied by 15

- Add the Binned Minutes to the rounded down time with DateTimeAdd

Then you can use a Summarize tool to group by this time and your Area, attached is an example.

Zudi
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the solution. Its working perfectly fine with a small data set. But when I connect to a large data set the below pop up appears. Any idea why this is happening? Greatly appreciate your help!!

Capture1.JPG

Zudi
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Joe,

I used a different platform and its working perfect. Awesome solution by you. Thanks a lot!!

Labels