Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sum across rows

amandacastro
7 - Meteor

So I am trying to use a formula tool, I have columns like:

State         City Locaiton           Zip Location        Revenue

CA             Los Angeles            90012                  100

CA             San Francisco         94012                   15

CA             Los Angeles            90019                    99

How can I use the formula tool to sum for City Location = Los Angeles? I am trying to get the revenue than organize by Zip location with city of Los Angeles only.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @amandacastro 

Is this what you're after? Total revenue for Los Angeles - see below,

PhilipMannering_0-1607206535060.png

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@amandacastro 
Hope this is what you need.

Capture1.PNGsum.PNG

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@Qiu Just a friendly suggestion - you wouldn't want to do this (specifically filter in this case) in practice as its not scalable. If you look at what @PhilipMannering has done you will notice that if @amandacastro comes back with not just Los Angeles but maybe San Diego and San Francisco his solution still works with no changes! 

A good rule to follow is to build workflows that can scale, more often then not they take the same amount of work 😉 

Hope that helps! 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@joshuaburkhow 
Thank you for the suggestion.

I guess you are right and flow will only work strictly for one condition, not so dynamic.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels