Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Stop reading/loading Input data from second container before first container job is done.

cito
8 - Asteroid

Hello folks,

I have been trying to find a solution for my problem and I have tried generic "Block Until Done", then CReW Macros "Parallel Block Until Done" but still haven't resolved it.

So, what is the point?

Alteryx - Stop Until.JPG

As you can see from the picture, I have multiple input connections split in two containers ( 1 and 2).

Now, when I run the flow all Inputs start at the same time and this is my problem. I would like to "split" reading/loading data in two sections.

So, is it possible when I run the flow to load the data from container 1 and when it's done, then start with reading/loading the data from the second container?

Thank you in advance. 

31 REPLIES 31
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@cito , if your data is like you provided you don't need to do anything.

Save this macro in your macro folder and open the workflow I attached.

M.

Bulien

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

_

cito
8 - Asteroid

@mceleavey- Yes, I sent you the whole flow, but I am confused where is my container 1 as I do not see anything.

I run the flow and this is the action now:

cito_0-1621962461795.png

If I would need to edit SQL in first container, how to do that?

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@cito ,

that's not the workflow. That's the macro.

Save that to your macro folder and close it.

Then open the workflow. The other file I attached.

M

Bulien

cito
8 - Asteroid

@mceleavey 

OK. I saved a macro in the same folder where I put the "CReW Macros", but now when I run the flow, I am getting this error:

cito_0-1621963190134.png

cito
8 - Asteroid

Some new ideas, maybe?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @cito 

Did you give dynamic input tool a try?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @cito 

We can give @mceleavey  solution another try. Can you try downloading the workflow & macro and keep them in same folder(like below) and check the workflow. I have downgraded the version.

atcodedog05_0-1622044012340.png

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@cito ,

I DM'd you

M.

Bulien

cito
8 - Asteroid

OK, I will try this with the macro.

Regarding Dynamic Tool, again, I am confused with the "Paths" step.

I have 4 starting connections and if I split and put them in the container 1 and 2, I still can't figure out how to populate "Paths".

I watched youtube clip but that explanation is only for one file or SQL not for multiples or I do not know to use it.

Let me try this macro and flow and I will let you know.

cito_0-1622044270092.png

Labels