Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Splitting input based on text

Skotland
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have a sheet with SLA data for our phone lines. My problem is that the output is just text based, and provides only titles in the .csv. I would like to add the title of the queue to each line below, for every queue. See screenshot below. The queue name also changes further down in the dataset so I need this to be dynamic. Is this possible? Thanks!!

Skotland_0-1572259325405.png

3 REPLIES 3
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @Skotland 

You can use something like this to copy the queue header info to each row

w.png

Use a mulit-row tool to define the Queue number of each group of records.  The sample tool takes the first record of each of these groups which is then joined by Queue to the original data, resulting in

r.png

BTW.  When you're looking for a solution that involves data, attach a sample of the actual data as opposed to an image.  People are more likely to respond if they don't have to manually enter a long list.

Dan

Skotland
5 - Atom

This is great! Thanks! And will do, thanks for the heads up.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

You're welcome @Skotland 

After looking at the solution I realized that you could do it using only the formula tool to generate only the QueueTitle column as shown in the Title only container below. 

w2.png

The second approach is shorter but the first approach has an added benefit in that it groups the records, i.e. all the jan records are in queue 1, feb in queue 2, etc.  This will be useful if you need to apply any operations based on queue like comparing the min/max of queue 1 with queue 2 

Dan

Labels