Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Splitting CSV data that is all contained in a single cell (including headers)

franciscoruizrise
7 - Meteor

Hello community,

I'm receiving a CSV file as an attachment via Gmail and I'm trying to setup Alteryx to fetch the data from Gmail and transform it to a compatible CSV to be upload into Active Directory.

To fetch the attached CSV from Gmail I'm using this method here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Download-Gmail-Attachments-with-Alteryx/ba-p/28823

The problem is that method delivers the attached CSV content in a single Alteryx cell (see attachment screenshot 1.png).

That single cell contains the headers and rows of data delimited by a pipe "|" (see attachment Report.txt)

I'm trying to split the data to have the headers and rows of data to show as a proper sheet (see attachment screenshot 2.png).

I've try using the Text to Columns and Dynamic Rename tools to achieve the mentioned result but I haven't been able to do it.

Can you please help me?

Regards,

Francisco.

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @franciscoruizrise 

Use a text to columns tool to split to rows on a newline delimiter (\n). Then split by the pipes:

Luke_C_0-1662155580087.png

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

Hi @franciscoruizrise ,

Find attached a very easy way to do that.

Take care to keep the same configuration as me in the input tool. 😀

Emmanuel_G_0-1662241531965.png

franciscoruizrise
7 - Meteor

Thank you very much @Luke_C and @Emmanuel_G

I'm not very familiar with delimiter configuration but this has been resolved.

Labels