Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Split column data into multiple columns

h12
8 - Asteroid

I have attached a snippet of a data set that I have and i would like to quickly be able to produce the output format (also attached).

I think it might be using the multi field/row formula but I am not sure as it didnt work for me.

All the values are random and you may note that the values change in the output file. My question is more around the format change rather than the values.

5 REPLIES 5
jimmke7
7 - Meteor

A question just like this is asked a few minutes ago and people are giving their solutions. Maybe you can find your solution there: Solved: how to merge rows - Alteryx Community

, Jimmy

PraphulSamavedam
8 - Asteroid

I think your data is insufficient, there is no record with TownA.

I am getting completely different result, however I feel that it makes more sense. 

Attaching it as it might help you.

h12
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for this! I have updated the question with an updated output if that helps, but I think your solution makes sense to me!

PraphulSamavedam
8 - Asteroid

Sorry buddy @h12 , I am unable to understand how the desired output has been generated from the given info. I am unable to figure out the logic by which the output has been generated.

As the data consistency in input and output has been lost and also I think code should be unique, 

As per the Output code '32' corresponds to both 

CountryTown
MiddlesexHounslow 
Leicestershire Leicester

while the code '32' doesn't even exist in the input. 

Attaching the workflow, incase you are able to tweak it further once you get some hint. 

My present output is:

PraphulSamavedam_0-1609257525452.png

h12
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for this. Sorry the values are random and not consistent therefore I wouldve expected the values to not match. 

My main concern was splitting the county and towns up which you have done perfectly! Thank you soo much!

Labels