Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Split Data

spencd2
6 - Meteoroid

I have a list of SKUs and their associated revenue - one of these SKUs I'd like to split into 4 *new* SKUs whose total sums to the value of the original SKU; see the screenshot below, highlighted in yellow. 

The splitting of SKUs isn't conditional on any other field. I was envisioning I could write a formula or sorts where, for example

IF [SKU] = IST1 THEN [Revenue] * 0.25 (IST1-A)

ELSEIF [SKU] = ISTS1 THEN [Revenue] * 0.5 (IST1-B)

However that doesn't quite work. Any ideas?

Original Table

spencd2_0-1662560258212.png

Desired Table

spencd2_1-1662560291173.png

3 REPLIES 3
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @spencd2,

Here is one setup to generate more rows dynamically from the original data:

IraWatt_0-1662561584874.png

Though typically what you would do is just have a separate table with the new values and join them to the original table like this:

IraWatt_1-1662561743820.png

See both examples attached.

Any questions or issues please ask

Ira Watt
Technical Consultant
Watt@Bulien.com 

spencd2
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @IraWatt. The issue I see with your latter example is that the values of the *new* SKUs are conditional to the original. 

So each month I receive a new report of revenue by SKU. I'd like my workflow to split the "IST1" SKU into 4 "new" SKUS based on pre-defined, consistent proportions (i.e. IST1-A will always be 25% of IST1 revenue). 

I think your first example will facilitate that. Appreciate the help!

David 

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@spencd2 ah no worries! 😄 If this will be a common case where you have to select a few SKU's and split them I would recommend putting the first approach into a macro.

If you want to learn more about Macros the community has some really quick interactive videos on getting to grips with them here https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Macros

If the top approach solves your problem feel free to give it a green tick 😄

Labels