Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sourcing a user chosen folder and user chosen output folder

apaicanada
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am new to the Alteryx community and came across a problem I couldn't solve all day:

We are trying to create an application which allows users to choose a folder in which timesheets are stored and scan each of these sheets (which are all in the same format), ultimately providing an output of employee #, work type code, and hours worked. I have figured out the workflow section of this, however, I am unsure of how to make it an application now in which a user could choose an input folder and output folder. Attached is my workflow for the payroll and for some reason it isn't allowing me to upload my attempt at the application.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @apaicanada I mocked up a workflow you just need to use the Interface tools and the file browse tools. Let me know what you think?

apaicanada
7 - Meteor

Wow such a fast response, thank you! This is exactly what I'm going for, however, is there a way to make it so that at the start of the application, the user picks a folder rather than a single file (and all the files in that folder are scanned for that template)? The folder browse tool isn't working for me for some reason in this.  

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @apaicanada you can use the folder browse however it's not supported on the Alteryx Gallery. I'm assuming you want to publish this as an app? The Link below explain why it's not supported based off that article the attached workflow is the proposed solution using text boxes.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Folder-Browse-Not-Available-on-Galler...

Labels