Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sharepoint List Output tool - Altering String Data types

DeanLascota
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Superstars!

I seem to be getting the an issue now that I was forced to update my designer version into 2022.1. I am uploading data into a sharepoint list using a workflow and all string data types are being altered. Mostly spaces are being changed into a special character. I can't seem to go around this since the output data on the workflow is fine but the data on my sharepoint list looks really messed up.

Hope you guys can help.

For example:

Workflow output - John Smith

Sharepoint data - John%Smith

4 REPLIES 4
Raj
15 - Aurora

@DeanLascota 
The issue you're experiencing with spaces being replaced by special characters
you can replace the special characters with space to obtain your output.

DeanLascota
6 - Meteoroid

Hey Raj,

The output on my workflow does not have the special characters in them. It after the data dump into sharepoint that's when additional characters are being generated. Reason for me not being able to change them in my workflow. I was thinking there might be some configurations that I need to change on my Sharepoint List Output tool that would help me with the issue.

Appreciate your response :)

DanielG
12 - Quasar

@DeanLascota Can you set up a Power Automate process to sweep the list after an update and make those changes automatically rather than trying to manipulate from outside the environment?  It's more of a guess on my part, but I imagine it has to be a way to accomplish it.  And it might be easier than having Alteryx do it, as you are already experiencing Alteryx's inability to push it without the change..

DeanLascota
6 - Meteoroid

This makes sense. Thank you for the suggestion!

Labels