Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sequencing multiple emails sent during workflow

danclegg
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow that calls a macro which does its magic which eventually publishes to Tableau.

I'd like to have an email sent at the beginning of the workflow run, then another after the macro completes its job.

To that end I have an email tool in the main, and one at the end.

My problem: irrespective of what tool I use: parallel block until done; block until done; adding a wait timer... both emails (Job Start and Job Completion) are sent at the same time, at the end of the workflow completion, ostensibly when the macro completes.

Is there any solution to this or am I just stuck with a "that's how emails get processed?"

Example.png

1 REPLY 1
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @danclegg 

Email tools are always the last tool to run in a workflow. That said, in the workflow events page you can configure an email to be sent before the workflow runs. Click 'Add' on the events tab and there should be a 'send email' option.

Luke_C_0-1646322696888.png

Labels