Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Selective renaming of columns via Drop-Down in Analytic App

matbae
6 - Meteoroid

Dear Community,

I need your support in solving the selective renaming of columns. I am in the process of creating a unified data model using an Analytic App.

I want the user to be able to select a file and choose via Drop-Down from all column names which of the following columns is "Profit", "Date" and "Group ID" respectively. The selected fields are renamed after the selection, the remaining columns stay the same. The datasets should remain unchanged in any case, only the columns should be renamed.

This allows build-up workflows to rely on a uniform data model, as the designations in the input can otherwise be different in some cases.

In the attached Excel you will find in the first tab a possible input, in the output tab is the equivalent result to it.

PS: I have also included a first idea "V3_Test" from mceleavey, but it does not work unfortunately. Maybe it serves as an inspiration for you.

Thx!!!

2 REPLIES 2
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@matbae , Please find below the output and the workflow. Its working for me. let me know in case you wanted a different output. As I can see its renaming the fields in the output.

grazitti_sapna_0-1667202227995.png

Sapna Gupta
matbae
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

the renaming works, but data is getting lost ... 

Labels