Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Selecting fields from a workflow based on fields selected in an interface tool

jjoerger
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow that populates a Multi-Select Interface tool with field names available in the workflow.   I want the user to select which fields they want to see on their output.  How can I do this?  In my example, if the user selects they want to see Red in the output, the second screen shot is what I'd like to see.  I don't know how to tie the two together and from my mainstream workflow (simplified below) select a few required fields like Customer and Region and then only the fields the user wants to see which is Red.  I've got a list of about 40 fields the user can select from to determine want end up on the output.  ABSOLUTE BONUS if someone can tell me how a user can inform the workflow of the order they want the fields in on the output and I could work that into the workflow (which resides on our gallery).

jjoerger_0-1650291532214.png 

jjoerger_1-1650291627120.png

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @jjoerger 

Does this do what you need?

PhilipMannering_0-1650295939437.png

If not, let me know and I'm sure I can amend

jjoerger
7 - Meteor

This works absolutely fabulous!  Thank you.  Has anyone ever mastered allowing a user to specify the order of columns of an output (excel spreadsheet.)?

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @jjoerger 

Glad it works for you!

Not sure. To be honest I never tried before now. Looks like what you can do is select an order manually in the macro, and then connect it to a tool to say if you want to this order (True) or not (False). But you can't give the user complete freedom in choosing the order (as far as I can tell). 

See example attached,

PhilipMannering_0-1650308281614.png

Labels