Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Selecting fields from a workflow based on fields selected in an interface tool

jjoerger
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow that populates a Multi-Select Interface tool with field names available in the workflow.   I want the user to select which fields they want to see on their output.  How can I do this?  In my example, if the user selects they want to see Red in the output, the second screen shot is what I'd like to see.  I don't know how to tie the two together and from my mainstream workflow (simplified below) select a few required fields like Customer and Region and then only the fields the user wants to see which is Red.  I've got a list of about 40 fields the user can select from to determine want end up on the output.  ABSOLUTE BONUS if someone can tell me how a user can inform the workflow of the order they want the fields in on the output and I could work that into the workflow (which resides on our gallery).

jjoerger_0-1650291532214.png 

jjoerger_1-1650291627120.png

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @jjoerger 

Does this do what you need?

PhilipMannering_0-1650295939437.png

If not, let me know and I'm sure I can amend

jjoerger
7 - Meteor

This works absolutely fabulous!  Thank you.  Has anyone ever mastered allowing a user to specify the order of columns of an output (excel spreadsheet.)?

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @jjoerger 

Glad it works for you!

Not sure. To be honest I never tried before now. Looks like what you can do is select an order manually in the macro, and then connect it to a tool to say if you want to this order (True) or not (False). But you can't give the user complete freedom in choosing the order (as far as I can tell). 

See example attached,

PhilipMannering_0-1650308281614.png

Labels