Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Scheduling errors

Mayra2291
7 - Meteor

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to schedule these workflows, but they show me these errors. When I rub them manually, they work. 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

hey @Mayra2291 

it looks like you are pulling files that are saved on your desktop or downloads folder into your workflow.

when running this workflow from the server, the server machine doesnt have access to your personal computer and therefore it causes an error.

one way to bypass this would be to save your inputs into a UNC shared folder location, and permission the server to have access to the folder. 

Mayra2291
7 - Meteor

Hi @gautiergodard 

Thank you for your response. I don't use Alteryx server. I'm using the desktop version to write into the SQL server. 

ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @Mayra2291 

This seems to be a permissions issue when the workflow tries to run scheduled, these are few things to check.

• Workflows desktop schedule usually run by a service account.
  • The service account is likely to be different to you account, otherwise the schedule will run fine.
  • The user running the workflow does not have access to the user folder: C:\Users\c-charles\Downloads, either you are not the user c-charles (the workflow ran for you, so you should be c-charles, or the scheduler does not have access to his/her downloads folder.
  • It seems there is an Alteryx user on this workstation, C:\Users\alteryx\Desktop\Inputs Labor the scheduler account is having difficulties reaching that folder.

I strongly suggest to review your Desktop Scheduler configuration, in particular the account running the scheduled workflows, you may follow this article to find out the account being used: Configure Desktop with Scheduler written by LisaL, unfortunatelly I can't replicate your issue on my workstation.

Hope this helps,

Arnaldo

Labels