Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Same data in all rows

ManuelRodrigues
8 - Asteroid

Hi Folks,

I have this worklflow and the output i get till col c i want to add another column and the data in these rows should all be 36 any thoughts pls?

ManuelRodrigues_0-1615465942748.png

ManuelRodrigues_1-1615465971283.png

Thanks,

Manuel

6 REPLIES 6
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @ManuelRodrigues 

Check out the Append Fields tool! 

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @ManuelRodrigues 

So you are trying to add a new column with a fixed value for data? Is the 36 a dynamic value based on something else or is it just 36 ?

Add a formula tool, create the column and populate it with just "36". Then you will have it all populated.

pedrodrfaria_0-1615466376350.png

pedrodrfaria_1-1615466388834.png

I dont know if i misunderstood it. Let me know if this is not what you are looking for.

Pedro.

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hey @ManuelRodrigues 

If you literally just want 36 in every row of the column you can do this by adding a Formula tool as shown below:

https://www.screencast.com/t/Ohdyq8BkGQ

ManuelRodrigues
8 - Asteroid

Its not dynamic so the formulae tool is what i was expecting to use but what expression do i need to use pls?

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

@ManuelRodrigues 

Literally just write 36 and put in the data type you want it, be it string, so "36" or numeric, so 36

ManuelRodrigues
8 - Asteroid

Sorry for the bother - any ideas what i am doing wrong here pls?

datetimeformat(Right([Name], 11), '%Y%m%d'

Labels