Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Running the work flow with same data in multiple outputs

chinnaupendra07
7 - Meteor

So let say I have a Excel file with data given so i need to copy same data with multiple file should create in the folder with different files name but when i run the workflow the output should be same data with another file name that's my quary of the day .

6 REPLIES 6
VijayAnaparthi
8 - Asteroid

How many extra files(with same data) you want in folder or each time you run it will create one extra file?

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @chinnaupendra07 

One way of doing this, if you need less copies as below.

ShankerV_0-1681888902071.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

chinnaupendra07
7 - Meteor

@vijayanaparthi  yes vijay how many time i will run that workflow that many times i should get output with same data as output file

VijayAnaparthi
8 - Asteroid

Hi Upendra,

Below are the steps you can follow to get new file everytime you run with different file name.

IMG_20230419_214623__01.jpg

Step 1 - Take directory tool and and add folder path.

Step 2 - Take filter and configuration of filter tool is like where Contains(FileName, 'Test.xlsx'(Let's say file name is Test.xlsx.

Step 3 - Count number of Rows that is coming from True anchor of filter tool.

Step 4 - Join both True anchor tool and count output by using join multiple tool on record position.

Step 5 - Use sort tool to Descending order of Count column.

Step 6 - Use sample tool to pick 1st row only.

Step 7 - You need to use Formula tool, where you need to add the logic that i attached as image. In my case Data is sheet name.

IMG_20230419_215659__01.jpg

Step 8 - Then use Dynamic input tool and Use change entire filepath as configuration and use Fullpath column as filed.

Step 9- Take only New_Filename column from step 7 formula tool output.

Step 10 - Join Step 8 and step 9 output by using join multiple to on record position.

Step 11 - Finally use output tool, configuration as Change entire file path and field you have to pass New_FileName there.

Now everytime you run workflow it will produce new file with different filename and same data. It looks like Test.xlsx, Test_2.xlsx, Test_3.xlsx ---- etc.

chinnaupendra07
7 - Meteor

Hi @vijayanaparthi so i have done all the tool using the following steps u said but i am getting the error in output tool could u have in detail way how to set output tool and also once i set the file name its saving when i am rerun the workflow its show error  

VijayAnaparthi
8 - Asteroid

Ok i think before output tool, you can see i am using Multi row formula tool. So in that tool update New_Filename column and expression will be like

If isnull([New_Filename]) then [row-1:New_Filename] else [New_Filename] endif

In output tool, just you need the configuration like Change the entire file path then in the field pass the New_Filename column

Labels