Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Reporting: Visual Layout not flowing into Render Tool

NachoArg
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have 3 different charts in a Visual Layout Tool. When I see the configuration and check also elements boundaries it seems right to fit in one page. But when I run the workflow, Render tool generates a PDF with 2 pages - 2 charts are put in page 1 and 1 chart is put in page 2-. 

How can I put all 3 charts in one single page?

Regards,

Nacho

5 REPLIES 5
Jonny
11 - Bolide

Hi @NachoArg,

It would probably be easier if you share a sample workflow with what are struggling with.

shooting from the hip here, but there is a setting option on the Layout Tool for the orientation, make sure you are not selecting Vertical with Section breaks as this would keep one "Object" per page. select vertical only.

Jonny_0-1622736782953.png

Another thing I can think of is the table size, it maybe be too big to fit into one page? But I could only ascertain this by looking at the workflow.

Weekly Challenge 197 - Customer Density Reporting, see solution attached, or try to solve it yourself before hand. Could be an example of a way to combine multiple elements into one final Layout, by doing pre-Layouts. at the end all fit in one page.

hope it helps!

Cheers!

MattBSlalom
11 - Bolide

This is difficult to diagnose without a sample workflow to reproduce your issue.  In general, if an object overlaps the margin at all, it will spill to a new page when rendered.  Have you tried shrinking the size of your reports just a little to be certain there's whitespace around their element boundaries before hitting the dashed margin lines?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @NachoArg 

You can also set a fixed width & height in the layout tool.

atcodedog05_0-1622737361608.png

Hope this helps 🙂

NachoArg
7 - Meteor

Follow some screenshots. Now I am trying with just 2 charts but still doesn´t work.

MattBSlalom
11 - Bolide

The 1st screenshot is what i was hoping to see, but since the right and (mainly) bottom are cut off, I can't verify the sizing expectations.  Can you capture the whole page in a screenshot?

Or better yet, can you attach the workflow so we can reproduce the issue?  (I'm not seeing the same behavior when i create one from scratch.)

Labels