Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Replicate values from a Parent total

PassION_es
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I do have a data set wherein only the parent total have values in all the 3 columns.  I want those values to be also copied from bottom to top.  I know multi-row formula can do this however, I just want to know if there is an alternative tool that can populate all three columns in one tool.

Attached here is a file with dummy input and output tabs.

5 REPLIES 5
ScottLewis
10 - Fireball

I don't have a way to do it in one tool but if you want to avoid multi-row formula you could split the totals out, strip the " Total" part from the names and join that back with the original data set to bring in the columns you want to replicate. For this example that isn't much more efficient than multi-multi-row, but if you had many columns it would be.

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

@PassION_es take a look at this, not dynamic but does get the job (and in one tool). Also out of interest why don't you want to use the multirow formula?

PassION_es
10 - Fireball

@aatalai Thank you. It's not that I don't want to use. I am just curious if there are better approach than using mrow tool for each field.  I believe that in multi-row formula can only update one field only.  And also, the row+1 does not update all the above columns so what I did is to use the row-1, however, i would need to sort the name in descending order to make the value at the top line.

PassION_es
10 - Fireball

okay @ScottLewis , thanks for this alternative solution.

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

@PassION_es  here are a couple of ways with the multirow tool just for reference

Labels