Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Replicate excel formula IF(COUNTIF) in Alteryx

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Is there a way to replicate below excel formula in Alteryx? I tried my best to use the filter and formula tool by using IF and CONTAINS function but nothing worked. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

IF(COUNTIF(A$2:A$6,A2)>1,TRUE,FALSE)

4 REPLIES 4
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @aparna0208  sounds like you want to use a summazie tool then a formula tool to do an If to flag if its true or false. yOU Could just use a filter after the summaize tool as well.

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @aparna0208 

The way you approach certain situations in Alteryx require a different mindset you're used to in Excel.

Here's what I'd do:

Use Summarize Tool to count the occurences of this cell, grouping by your A field;

Use IF Function to define TRUE or FALSE if that cell in specific has a count greater than 1;

Join the result back to your dataset by your A field if you need to repeat this value.

Cheers,

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I would suggest:

clipboard_image_0.png

The summarise creates the counts

Then a formula tool to turn to True/False

Finally join back to the original data

One small catch is the data is reordered in this process, should this be a problem then you can use a RecordID to know original order.

Sample attached

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

It worked! Thank you so much @JosephSerpis @Thableaus @jdunkerley79 for your inputs on this:)

Labels