Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Renaming headers

Yallah365
5 - Atom

Hi all, so I am looking at some of the prep for the advanced certification and came across this question, I am having trouble with renaming the headers for each country and then unioning them all together, I was thinking of a macro but I can't seem to get it to work. Would anyone have a solution to the question?

2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Yallah365 

I think it will be valuable for you to come up with the solution, but to get you started I think the way I'd tackle this is:

1. Text to columns to split out the data (appears to be a mix of hyphen to start + commas for the actual data), may need 2 tools.
  2. Transpose the data by country/header
  3. Join up region
  4. Use filters+summarize tools+formulas as needed to answer the question
Yallah365
5 - Atom

Hi Luke, thanks for the reply so I did get it through your way sort of, but I was just wondering if there was some way to do it with a macro where it will look at the two rows for each country and have those headers and data and then union them all by name in the end. So I was thinking of taking the first two rows and then using a dynamic rename tool to get the headers so that I can get the headers and data for the first two rows, I am just wondering if there is a way to continue this, so the next run will take rows three and four and then have all the headers unioned by name.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels