Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Rename an Interface app Tab

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

Can anyone Tell me how to Rename an interface Tab without deleting it. Screenshot attached below. I want to rename the Highlighted tab to something else. 

9 REPLIES 9
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@DataPirate26 
This can be done via the configuration window.

Tab.PNG

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

So the name is already there I want to Edit it without deleting the tab. Is there a way to edit this or do i need to delete and again create a separate tab and then give the name that i want to 

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@DataPirate26 
You can rename the tab by editing the red circle part.

Tab1.PNG

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

So. That is not the tab name actually. So the one you are saying to change in the configuration window that is basically the "Select Start Date " and "Select End Date" text written in the apps. What i want to change is the Tab name that is i want to rename the highlighted text "SDC Time Date Selection" to something else. I hope i am able to make you understand my requirement. 

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

I got the solution. Thanx for all your assistance. What we can do is just create a new tab and move the Start Date and the End Date to the New Tab so we will not have to delete it. 

apathetichell
19 - Altair

nevermind - you tried what I was suggesting and it didn't work for you.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @DataPirate26 

Here is an interactive lesson that might be helpful in this task.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Designing-App-Interfaces/ta-p/243110#done

Hope this helps : )

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

No No it worked actually sorry i got you wrong that time. Thanx for the help. 

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

Thank you. It helped a lot to have a clear understanding of the interface designer and its use. 

Labels