Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Rename an Interface app Tab

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

Can anyone Tell me how to Rename an interface Tab without deleting it. Screenshot attached below. I want to rename the Highlighted tab to something else. 

9 REPLIES 9
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@DataPirate26 
This can be done via the configuration window.

Tab.PNG

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

So the name is already there I want to Edit it without deleting the tab. Is there a way to edit this or do i need to delete and again create a separate tab and then give the name that i want to 

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@DataPirate26 
You can rename the tab by editing the red circle part.

Tab1.PNG

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

So. That is not the tab name actually. So the one you are saying to change in the configuration window that is basically the "Select Start Date " and "Select End Date" text written in the apps. What i want to change is the Tab name that is i want to rename the highlighted text "SDC Time Date Selection" to something else. I hope i am able to make you understand my requirement. 

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

I got the solution. Thanx for all your assistance. What we can do is just create a new tab and move the Start Date and the End Date to the New Tab so we will not have to delete it. 

apathetichell
19 - Altair

nevermind - you tried what I was suggesting and it didn't work for you.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @DataPirate26 

Here is an interactive lesson that might be helpful in this task.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Designing-App-Interfaces/ta-p/243110#done

Hope this helps : )

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

No No it worked actually sorry i got you wrong that time. Thanx for the help. 

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

Thank you. It helped a lot to have a clear understanding of the interface designer and its use. 

Labels