Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Remove Totals Row When Inputting Data

robertfishel
8 - Asteroid

Hello Alteryx Community!  I have a canned report that is ran daily and which gives a data set as it's result.  I am trying to input this data set into my workflow.  The data set has 6 rows of header information, which I have bypassed by selecting "Start Data Import on Line" 7.  However, the data set also has a row at the very bottom, in which every cell along the row except two is empty.  Two cells have totals.  I want to skip over this row as well when importing my data.  Can this be done?

4 REPLIES 4
alexey_nikityuk
8 - Asteroid
any chance you can share the excel file so to better understand the request?
SamDesk
11 - Bolide

Hello @robertfishel,

While I'm not aware of a way to skip over this row at import, there is an easy solution to clean it post-import.

Capture.PNG

By assigning a RecordID to each record of the import, summarising to the maximum value of this record ID and then taking a left un-join where the RecordID equals Max_RecordID we can remove the final row from the import.

Hope this is helpful.

Sam :)

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
Correct the sample tool is missing a Skip Last option.

The CReW macro pack (http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/p/macros.html) has a Skip Last N macro

Cheers,

Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
robertfishel
8 - Asteroid

Thank you :)

Labels