Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Remove Email Duplicates

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi,

I would like to seek your ideas on how I am going to remove email duplicates. for example in a report is teddy123@yahoo.com<teddy123@yahoo.com> will give an output of teddy123@yahoo.com. It will remove the <teddy123@tyahoo.com>. In one field it may consist of multiple emails with duplicates and I would like all duplicates to be remove. Please see sample attachment for your reference.

Please advise for the formula to use.

Thanks and hoping for your response.

Kamen

6 REPLIES 6
Kakuffo
Alteryx
Alteryx

HI @KamenRider  will the duplicates be across multiple fields or within a specific field?

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

Hi @KamenRider 

Something like this would work:

JamesCharnley_0-1671035167394.png

Someone might be able to 1 tool this in a formula but I like to break it down if it'll take me less time to do than in a formula!

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @Kakuffo 

Duplicates can be found in different or multiple fields. Kindly see my sample attached.

Kamen

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @JamesCharnley 

I think you are getting the solution I am looking for however I do have an error when I run it to my file. Maybe because my file has to many columns compare to the sample I gave you. Suggest to kindly check sample attached which corresponds to the file I am using.

Looking forward for an update in the workflow.

Thanks,

Kamen

ScottE
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @KamenRider 

This should work for any number of fields.

Hope it helps.

Scott

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Thank you @ScottE, you nailed it. :-)

Kamen

Labels