Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

RegEx help for matching alpha AND numeric

whitkrieng
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I've given up trying to test the right RegEx syntax for cleaning some raw Address values.  What I would to do is match non-standard values and NULL them.  So I would like to RegEx match any record that has an alpha AND numeric, not either or.  So Example is:

AddressClean_Address
poboxNULL
123NULL
pobox 123pobox 123
123 Sesame St.123 Sesame St.
.NULL
neededNULL

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@whitkrieng , Please find my solution and let me know if it helped.

grazitti_sapna_0-1667369465807.png

Sapna Gupta
flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @whitkrieng 

The formula for [Clean_Address] :

IIF(REGEX_CountMatches([Address], "\d") * REGEX_CountMatches([Address], "[a-zA-Z]") !=0,[Address], Null())

flying008_0-1667370025508.png

If it can help you , please mark it as a solution and give a like to here. 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@whitkrieng One way of doing this

IIF(REGEX_CountMatches([Address], '\s') > 0, [Address],Null())

binuacs_0-1667374615444.png

whitkrieng
8 - Asteroid

@grazitti_sapna thank you so much

I was wondering if you could help translate for me what each part of the expression means just for my own learning purposes.  It's honestly been a bit of a struggle deciphering what works for RegEx: 

\d+\s[[:alpha:]]+.*

[[:alpha:]]+.*\s\d+

Thank you again!

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@whitkrieng , In the first expression it is matching 1 or more digits followed with a single space and 1 or more alphanumeric characters and then any other characters in a string with .*.

Same goes for second string, it will look for 1 or more alphanumeric characters followed with space and then 1 or more digits.

Sapna Gupta
whitkrieng
8 - Asteroid

@grazitti_sapna Thank you for your response.  I realized in one scenario say it were just one string condensed together, it doesn't NULL the value.  Sorry I didn't put it in the original examples.  

For in this case: 

123SesameSt.

With no spaces, it appears to NULL. I would want to retain this due to the fact there is an alpha AND a numeric character in it. 

Thank you again!

Labels