Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLUCIONADO

Reg Ex tool Parse

berty
Asteroide

Hi all, 

I'm still learning the regex tool and i'm struggling with something that is really simple:

i have this:

addressreg ex out 1reg ex out 2 
12 bobton lane12bobton lane
levi lane levi lane

i cant seem to get the right expression to show both examples ? could someone be so kind to explain how to split those out? - i'm sure its simple i'm just not writing the expression correctly

5 RESPOSTAS 5
Amol_Telore
Bólide

Hey @berty 

Here is my solution. Let me know in case of any concerns.

Amol_Telore_0-1658765537945.png

DataNath
Castor

How does this look @berty? Because both of the addresses don't have a number element, even though you want to split that out if present, I've just made that capture group optional with the ? notation. By the way, this assumes the same address formats so let me know if they can differ or if this doesn't work when applied to a wider dataset and can look to amend it.

(\d+)?\s?(.+)

DataNath_0-1658765571602.png

berty
Asteroide

@DataNath  - this was perfect,  i just found a little issue that I'm not sure how i configure this..

i have this address  77-79 yardman close and it seems to split like this 

77-79 yardman close77-79 yardman close

how can i get -79 added to field showing 77?

DataNath
Castor

Hey @berty no worries - thanks for the example! Give this a try and again let me know if you come across any further issues :)

([0-9-]+)?\s?(.+)

DataNath_0-1658834492123.png

Amol_Telore
Bólide

@berty Adding to @DataNath solution, I have created below regex code in case you get other character as well such as space or underscore in lane number. It will dynamically capture those details. 

(.+\d\b)?\s?(.+)

1. First capturing group : it will match everything till boundary of last digit. In this case it will be 77-79

2. Second capturing group : it will match remaining part as lane name.

Rótulos