Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reading data from csv with data in the multiple rows

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi Team,

I need help. I have a situation where i have csv file with column names in single row but data is spread across two rows. I need to bring the second row of data in the same line as first row .

ideally the yyy should be part of xxx and the "0";"0";"0";"30" should be in the next column.

id;"vse_id";"vse_id";"vse_date_created";"vse_date_planned";"vse_priority_id";"vse_object_id";"vse_creator_id";"vse_dt_id";"vse_desc";"vse_recur_interval";"ese_last_instance";"vse_external_id";"vse_changer_id"
41;"41";"1";"2004-05-24 07:07:30";"2004-06-04 00:00:00";"3";"2908";"30";"1";"xxx
yyy";"0";"0";"0";"30"
21 REPLIES 21
sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Thanks @atcodedog05  . The split of information is not consistent across different rows. There is a blank column and there is a text then there is a another set of values. Not sure how to deal with this.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sriniprad08 

Share a sample file and expected output. I will take a look into it🙂

Labels