Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Python Tool Error

Sagarloknath
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I'm facing an issue in the Python Tool while executing the Workflow (Alteryx Designer - 2021.4v). Initially the workflow was executing without any errors but since 3 days it's throwing an error.

Please find the error code below.

Error: Python (45): Traceback (most recent call last):
File "c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\ipython_genutils\ipstruct.py", line 132, in __getattr__
result = self[key]
KeyError: 'cells'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\runpy.py", line 194, in _run_module_as_main
return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,
File "c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\DesignerBaseTools_venv\Scripts\jupyter-nbconvert.EXE\__main__.py", line 7, in <module>
File "c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\jupyter_core\application.py", line 270, in launch_instance
return super(JupyterApp, cls).launch_instance(argv=argv, **kwargs)
File "c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\traitlets\config\application.py", line 658, in launch_instance
app.start()
File "c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\nbconvert\nbconvertapp.py", line 338, in start
self.convert_notebooks()
File "c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\nbconvert\nbconvertapp.py", line 508, in convert_notebooks
self.convert_single_notebook(notebook_filename)
File "c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\nbconvert\nbconvertapp.py", line 479, in convert_single_notebook
output, resources = self.export_single_notebook(notebook_filename, resources, input_buffer=input_buffer)
File "c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\nbconvert\nbconvertapp.py", line 408, in export_single_notebook
output, resources = self.exporter.from_filename(notebook_filename, resources=resources)
File "c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\nbconvert\exporters\exporter.py", line 179, in from_filename
return self.from_file(f, resources=resources, **kw)
File "c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\nbconvert\exporters\exporter.py", line 197, in from_file
return self.from_notebook_node(nbformat.read(file_stream, as_version=4), resources=resources, **kw)
File "c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\nbformat\__init__.py", line 141, in read
return reads(fp.read(), as_version, **kwargs)
File "c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\nbformat\__init__.py", line 76, in reads
nb = convert(nb, as_version)
File "c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\nbformat\converter.py", line 46, in convert
converted = convert_function(nb)
File "c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\nbformat\v2\convert.py", line 41, in upgrade
for cell in nb.cells:
File "c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\ipython_genutils\ipstruct.py", line 134, in __getattr__
raise AttributeError(key)
AttributeError: cells

I need anyone of your assistance is resolving the issue. your help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...!

3 REPLIES 3
acarter881
12 - Quasar

Hello, @Sagarloknath. Perhaps try copying the code and pasting it into a new Python tool and rerunning the workflow. What exactly does the Python tool setup look like?

Also, the error stems from this line of code in a Python file (c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\ipython_genutils\ipstruct.pythat we have in one of the miniconda folders. It's a KeyError. Seems like you don't have the `key` of cells. Not entirely sure why/how though.

acarter881_0-1666196415169.png

Sagarloknath
6 - Meteoroid

Hi acarter881

Thanks for your response.

Python tool uses Jupyter Notebook Configuration. Attached the screenshot for your reference.

Sagar_0-1666251360796.png

I tried the code using new python tool however it's returning the same error. Hence I did reinstalling the Alteryx Designer and the tool is working fine and I can able to execute the workflow without any errors. 

vcarey
7 - Meteor

I see this issue sometimes too.  I have to copy the code to the Python tool which is very time consuming.  It seems to pop up here and there

Labels