Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Preserving query when resetting Input Data credentials

mosesperry
5 - Atom

Hi Folks,

Please feel free to direct me to the solution if this is already out there. My searches yielded thousands of hits but I could not zero in on my particular issue.

I have an existing workflow where the user password expired and I need to reset. Once I set up the DCM connection, the existing query in the Input Data tool is lost. I must either recover the query by some means or preserve it in the Input Data tool. I tried to copy / paste row 7 of the options; however, this only partially gets the SQL statement (seems to be limited on the number of characters fetched) and I am missing details from the WHERE clause.

Does anyone know how to get to the query for an expired Input Data tool?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
apathetichell
19 - Altair

Use a text input and then map your query via dynamic input in-db or batch macro. To extract your full query though you can open your workflow in notepad and it should be there.

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

You can see your queries under the workflow Dependencies. On the next screen that pops up click on the link at the top that says "Show Individual Tools".  This entire table can be copied and pasted into excel. Then copy the queries (Ctrl + A then Ctrl + C) you want to recreate and paste them back into the Input tools. 

image.png

mosesperry
5 - Atom

Thanks a million. For some reason I thought the file would be encrypted so I didn't even try opening in Notepad. Query is there in full.

Much appreciated.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels