Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Polulate Fields

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

I want to populate the Above row 1 dates as Field or Headers in the Yellow marked row 11. Basically these are 2 tables unioned but also for the blank or null Cells in Row 11 the above dates needs to be populated .

They are joined by (Auto configure by Name) that's why the dates which are not common and is not there in The Table 2 for those the headers are coming as blanks. Any suggestions how this can be done.

Screenshot attached ( Fields populate.PNG)

10 REPLIES 10
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @DataPirate26 ,

I'm not sure I understand what you want. Can you share your workflow ?

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

So basically I have two tables I want to union Them one above the other. But the challenge is all the field names (DAte Fields) in Table 1 is not there in Table 2. The one those are common I have stacked them and the header is showing up in Row 11 as given. But beside that you can see (Yellow Marked) rows are blank. Those needs to be filled up from the above date Headers. 

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Can you share sample input files ?

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

Sure. I have provided the data for 2 tables. Table 1 and Table 2 and how they should be unioned to get the Given Output. 

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Why do you need to repeat the headers within the data ? Isn't it enough to have the headers then union only data ?

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

No the requirement is such that the Headers are required to be repeated as the two tables are different. Also not all the fields are present in table 2 so for those the headers shall come up and the data would be 0. This is required for a comparison of the hours  

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Unfortunately I can't think of a simple solution for your problem. Maybe @atcodedog05 or @Emil_Kos can think of something !

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Jean-Balteryx,

Thank you for shouting out. I created a solution maybe not the most elegant one but it works.

Hi @DataPirate26,

Please see the workflow attached:

Emil_Kos_0-1627378694524.png

And the output:

Emil_Kos_1-1627378706063.png

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

Thank you for posting. But actually i need the headers to replicate for table 2 also. The solution which you have given I already have came to that. I am attaching the solution which I have got.

I want those above dates to also populate in those yellow arked fields. That is the desired output I am looking for. 

Labels