Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pivot table - Simple

jaywalker12
7 - Meteor

Hi, I am trying to do a simple Pivot Table like in excel to just count the open and closed. Is it just the summarize tool?

Example data attached

I have multiple reports, i am isolating a single column in each (different names) and then collating all into one single excel output with each report (pivoted) showing the count. 

5 REPLIES 5
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @jaywalker12 

I have built a workflow for you, that produces the output you desire:

TheOC_0-1620853623315.png

TheOC_1-1620853629073.png

Here i am summarising twice, one for the count per record:

TheOC_2-1620853646004.png

and one for the total:

TheOC_3-1620853658625.png

Then i am bringing them together with a union tool, making sure that my second connection (grand total) is at the bottom:

TheOC_4-1620853682877.png

Then im simply using a formula tool, to say that in the row where 'status' is null, change that to "grand total", and here we have our output:

TheOC_5-1620853715324.png

Attached is the workflow,
I hope it helps!

TheOC

Bulien
jaywalker12
7 - Meteor

Thank you! worked perfectly

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Not a problem at all! glad to hear it!

Bulien
jaywalker12
7 - Meteor

Hi Quasar, 

Quick question - Happy that if gives the counted values.

However, If I had to isolate the exception message as well to generate a "report" after creating the pivot, is there a way to do it.

Have attached an excel. 

danloz
8 - Asteroid

Of course!  

Have a look at this:  

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/output-log-file

I've messed with it before, although I find that I rarely need it unless I'm doing something complicated.    

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels