Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Pick values from an Excel sheet

sumanth0387
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I am trying to automate an task of mine. Which is everytime i have to copy values from an excel sheet and save them in an Monthly folder. The catch here is i do not need all the values mentioned in the sheet i pick only selected  values from the columns  How ever this will be same for every month. QQ: can i use alteryx to pick values and copy in an chosen destination. THis would be very helpfull for me in enhancing the use of alteryx more in my Organisation. I request to mention a work flow so that i can replicate it . 

Thanks in Advance

2 REPLIES 2
FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @sumanth0387,

Is there any structure to what you want to pick - are we talking about single cells, or complete columns, or complete rows? In general you can use a select tool to select specific columns and tools like Filter or Select Records to specify the rows required. 

Since a single slect tool is already an example workflow for what you want, sharing a workflow seems to be not very helpful unless you are able to specify more clearly what the requirement is/share dummy data. 

sumanth0387
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Pick values from an Excel sheet  @rederikE So iam trying to pick values from specific cell. For Example I have attached the excel file Here i will be looing only specific cells data and i want to copy those cells. I pick values from the Alteryx test data Excel file and paste them in Book2 excel file. 

Labels