Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Use Run Command tool to copy a template file Alteryx

anhnguyenngoc2002
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I'm using Run Command tool to replicate a template file but I have some troubles with this.

anhnguyenngoc2002_0-1685858566464.png

The path folder is always error although I have tried many paths. My original folder is "Template.xlsx" on path D:\Alteryx\Persistency\Run Command\Output and I want to create a copy file of this template named "Result"

anhnguyenngoc2002_1-1685858655272.png

I have attached my workflow and template file below. Could you please help me correct this error?

Thank you so much!

2 REPLIES 2
ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @anhnguyenngoc2002 

Please take a look at the attached workflow:

Workflow-01.png

Notes:

• Added Block Until Done to manage workflow flow, first Run Command, then Write to the Result.xlsx file.
  • Look at the configuration of the Run Command tool; it creates the file "Run Command.bat" in the Output folder; the run the "Run Command.bat" from the output folder; the batch file does the copy.
  • Check the write something to the "Result.xlsx" files; the formula define the target sheet, and the Output data configuration define how to handle the output.

Hope this helps,

Arnaldo

anhnguyenngoc2002
7 - Meteor

@ArnaldoSandoval  Thank you so much! I did it!

Labels