Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Partner Allocation

IceWinD
5 - Atom

hi, all, this will be my first question posted on community. I'm hoping to get some help on a workflow I'm working on. 

I have two data set. The ABC, LLC file contains entity name and related income data. The partner data file includes entity names and partners in each entity and their ownership%  in each entity.  

I'm trying to joint two files by entity name and then allocate income line items based on their ownership %. I've attached what I built so far and I'm having trouble figure out the income allocation part. In excel, I can multiply the income cell by the ownership % cell but I'm not sure how to do that in Alteryx without transposing them into columns. In the end, I would like to keep the format where entity income on the left side and partner allocation on the right side.

Thanks in advance for the help!

5 REPLIES 5
oneillp111
9 - Comet

@IceWinD can you post what the output should look like? perhaps how you do it in excel

IceWinD
5 - Atom

@oneillp111 Please see attached. 

oneillp111
9 - Comet

@IceWinD , here is a potential solution, at least it might get you further along 

oneillp111_0-1686659116822.png

IceWinD
5 - Atom

@oneillp111 Thanks! This is very helpful and it gives me something to work with. Two things I'm looking forward to fix:

1. I see the partner names are brought in at the end of the workflow by join by record position. I'm not sure this will work when I get to Entity 2. This workflow will be part of a macro I'm building which go down each entity in the data and generate an excel out put. 

2. I need partner names to be in the first line instead of column header because when I output I chose to skip all the field names. 

oneillp111
9 - Comet

Maybe this will work better for the macro?

Labels