Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

PDF splitting by internal bookmarks

jgrahamou
5 - Atom

Hello all - 

I have been searching all over the community and online for a way to automate a process i go through hundreds of times and was hoping to leverage Alteryx for. 

Here is my entire process - 

1 - I receive a PDF file that has 1 parent bookmark with 3+ sub bookmarks. 

2 - I apply a watermark to the top of every page of the PDF (same watermark on every page).  

3 - I manually move each sub bookmark to the parent level

4 - I use the Adobe PDF split by top level bookmark feature which saves a new PDF to a folder for each bookmark set of pages and names it the bookmark heading.

I have thought about trying to use some combination of python and Alteryx to automate this as this is a process that's performed 600-800 times at a minimum. 

Another issue I am trying to solve in the process as well: 

The output file name when splitting defaults to the bookmark name - Ideally the original PDF name would add "- bookmark name" to the end. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

1 REPLY 1
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @jgrahamou 

Can you please provide the Community with a copy of your workflow?

This will help the Community users to see what you have attempted so far, and troubleshoot better for you.
Additionally, if you can provide a sample of the dataset (make sure no sensitive information is included) this will help further as they can test directly.

Thanks!
TrevorS

Community Moderator
Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels