Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Overwrite data to specific ranges in multiple tabs

BigFour
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am trying to write an output range to a file containing multiple sheets based on the output path field. The data will flow through via output path to multiple tabs. When I try to overwrite the sheet, I get Internal Error: Invalid parameter detected in function (null).

My header fields are not contained in the output excel. Alternatively, I tried to append the ranges but then to circumvent having the mapping error, I made the first row the field using the dynamic rename formula. Is there a way which we can overwrite the ranges without the error? I looked everywhere publicly but couldn't find a solution. Is this something that can be achieved via VBA/Python integration?

BigFour_0-1621552365695.png

BigFour_2-1621553071082.png

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @BigFour 

This is a difficult problem to try an troubleshoot without some data and a workflow. Can you write the data just after your Dynamic Rename tool to a .yxdb file and create a new workflow with an Input tool to read this .xydb and a copy of the output tool from your original workflow?  You don't need capture all the data in the .yxdb, just enough to write 2 sheets on 2 different files should be good.  Export the new workflow and attach this along with small sample of your 2 output file with a few rows of data in each of the 2 sheets.

Dan  

Labels