Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Overwrite data to specific ranges in multiple tabs

BigFour
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am trying to write an output range to a file containing multiple sheets based on the output path field. The data will flow through via output path to multiple tabs. When I try to overwrite the sheet, I get Internal Error: Invalid parameter detected in function (null).

My header fields are not contained in the output excel. Alternatively, I tried to append the ranges but then to circumvent having the mapping error, I made the first row the field using the dynamic rename formula. Is there a way which we can overwrite the ranges without the error? I looked everywhere publicly but couldn't find a solution. Is this something that can be achieved via VBA/Python integration?

BigFour_0-1621552365695.png

BigFour_2-1621553071082.png

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @BigFour 

This is a difficult problem to try an troubleshoot without some data and a workflow. Can you write the data just after your Dynamic Rename tool to a .yxdb file and create a new workflow with an Input tool to read this .xydb and a copy of the output tool from your original workflow?  You don't need capture all the data in the .yxdb, just enough to write 2 sheets on 2 different files should be good.  Export the new workflow and attach this along with small sample of your 2 output file with a few rows of data in each of the 2 sheets.

Dan  

Labels