Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output Table to Multiple Excel Files (not functioning)

GSxMuscleMlk
6 - Meteoroid

My workflow currently has 3 rows of data for 70 different States/Countries. Each Stat/Country gets its own excel file (already exists) and the 3 rows of data from my flow overwrites a specific tab (DataTable) in each excel file. 

One of the columns in this data set is the exact location of each file built using formula tool (including sheet name). Connecting this formula to an output tool either will

A. Give me an error saying i need to specify a file name

B. If i add a filter to select just 1 of the 70 different States/Countries, it exports PERFECTLY

Why wont it handle the multiple excel file exports? I've had no issues with this in the past. The current workflow has 3 variations of this process and the first two worked totally fine then without any changes all 3 no longer work. Same process (column with full path). My options on output do have the "Change entire path" option selected and it is pointing to the right column. 

GSxMuscleMlk_0-1666997660764.png

Sorry no other pictures flow contains sensitive data. 

4 REPLIES 4
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @GSxMuscleMlk 

You said that your output is configured to "Change entire path", but the image that you shared shows "change file/table name" config. Maybe this is causing the issue?

GSxMuscleMlk
6 - Meteoroid

I was playing around with the configuration to see if that was my problem and uploaded the wrong image. The post has been updated to reflect the current status of the output tool. 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@GSxMuscleMlk is the below file path updated in your workflow with a sheet name

binuacs_0-1667028742421.png

GSxMuscleMlk
6 - Meteoroid

PROBLEM SOLVED

There was one row of data that the file path was NULL and was causing the output to fail

Labels