Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output Data (45) sheetname is an invalid Sheet/Range specification for Excel

saachitalwar
8 - Asteroid

I have data in the form:

col1   col2   col3

A        X      data 

A        Y      data

A        Z      data

B        U      data

B        V      data

B        w      data

and I want to make multiple files based on the values of col1 and inside each file, the tabs should be named after the values in col2. The data should correspond to the entries associated with col2 values. My current method gives this output error "Output Data (45) sheetname is an invalid Sheet/Range specification for Excel". Please help in rectifying this.

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@saachitalwar One way of doing this

image.png

SPetrie
12 - Quasar

I cant really make anything out in the image but I think you are using a UNC path.

Make sure your file name is something along the lines of \\networklocation\folderlocation\name.xlsx|||sheetname

"\\Networklocation\Folderlocation\"+[col1]+".xlsx|||"+[col2]

Make sure that when you are specifying to take the File/Table Name from field, you are changing the entire file path and removing that field from the output (if you choose to)

file.PNG

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

If the sagely advice of @SPetrie and @binuacs isn't enough - post the config of your formula tool. there are a near inifinite number of things you could be doing wrong here. and some of them may invlolve the mysterious ` vs the less mysterious '

Labels